"I'm not on facebook, I'm in Barcelona"
Day 19: July 3rd, 2011

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many Things obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease loneliness can be cured."

"Copiers do not collaborate."

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever."
Alive and well in Barcelona, Spain's second largest city. The title of today's post comes from a postcard I've seen around here. Though to be honest, I am in fact on facebook while in Barcelona. Barcelona's not exactly what I was expecting...but then again that's my fault for having expectations in the first place. It reminds me of California, I am not sure why. The beach is sandy and beautiful, and full of locals and tourists on the weekends. I made it to the beach Friday and Saturday, but decided to hold off today because the clouds have found their way here. It seems as if the Pacific Northwest is following me around. Rain in Paris, rain in San Sebastian, rain and clouds for days in Bilbao...hoping it's just clouds in Barcelona.

"What should young people do with their lives today? Many Things obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease loneliness can be cured."
The La Boqueria is amazing. Fresh produce, seafood, meats, nuts and dried fruit...small bars with in the market serving up quick bites to eat. It's fantastic. Hopped up on a bar stool and had a nice lunch next to two folks visiting from Paris. How's my Spanish coming? Poorly...but I'm able to confidently order off almost any menu I come across. Though I came home with a list of words I didn't recognize this afternoon. I am trying to eat something new every meal...but obviously I've come in contact with a few things I need at least daily. Like, Patatas Bravas. It's really just fried potato cubes with spicey ali oli...but it's good, in a fatty sort of way. Another thing I want daily? Well...more like any time I am thirsty?
These:
Fresh juice, in all varieties and combinations. Refreshing and so damn delicious. Who doesn't want 10oz of strawberry juice?!
These:
Fresh juice, in all varieties and combinations. Refreshing and so damn delicious. Who doesn't want 10oz of strawberry juice?!

"Copiers do not collaborate."
Yes, indeed that quote is by Antonio Gaudi. And yes indeed that picture above is from Parc Guell or, Gaudi's failed upper class neighborhood that is a delightful park nowadays. I read that Gaudi had intended for this area to be where the wealth of Barcelona would live, but that idea wasn't appreciated and instead people now get to experience a breathtaking view while roaming around a funky park. A win win in my book. The road up to this reminds me of a less severe Hollywood Hills sort of thing...and that is a horrible experience.

"Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely."

"Cleanliness becomes more important when godliness is unlikely."
What better way to end the post but with a cute picture of a pigeon under a faucet! I know, I'm surprised I caught this wonderful moment too. I guess the world was telling me it was time for a shower. I tried to zoom in more, but the dirty fellow flew away. I'll be in Barcelona until Wednesday when I get to travel out east to Georgia. Can't wait to see my brother, it's been too long.

Comments
Post a Comment