Rain...of course...


Day 20: July 4th, 2011




"Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again."

Ah the metro...I currently have a love hate relationship with this source of transportation. I was unfortunate enough to pay for a certain direction, then realized it was the wrong direction, then realized that I had to pay again to get on the side for the correct direction. WHAT THE HELL! Are you serious? Why isn't there a little pathway or something so when people make the mistake I made you can just walk across to the correct side? Well...I won't be doing THAT again. Boo...boo I say. But in all honesty I really enjoy the metro here in Barcelona and did in Paris too. It's so efficient! One comes every 4 minutes, and gets me to anywhere I want/need to go. The metro and the local bus system use the same ticket, which is also appreciated. Best way to go was buy a 10 journey ticket which saved me about 5E. Should have done it in Paris...I definitely will do so when I am there at the end of my journey.

It rained today...what a surprise. Oh well, I wandered through out the streets and alley ways off La Ramblas (main street in downtown Barcelona). All the stores are having huge sales right now which makes everywhere packed. Found a street vendor (similar to a booth in the Pike Place Market) making a whole bunch of leather belts and bracelets. I bought a couple, though it took me about 15 minutes to decide which ones I wanted. There were so many!

Mediocre day in terms of food. Lunch was a three course meal of mussels steamed with garlic and shallots, second course was three grilled meats (pork, venison, beef) all of which were slightly over cooked. The third course was an average chocolate mousse tart. Considering it was three courses (large courses) for 13E I can't complain too much hah. As for dinner...went to a restaurant close to the hostel that looked nice. Definitely looks better than it tastes. Again had mussels (I like my seafood) and jamon (ham, remember?) croquettes and 3 TINY scallops. TINY. My stud earrings were almost bigger than these scallops. With the water and the bread they brought to my table with out asking (I know, this happens frequently in Europe, so I didn't mind) my meal came to just under 20E. The potions were considerably smaller than lunch for equal to lesser quality. So...like I said, mediocre food day.

But! Tomorrow is another day, and my last full day in Barcelona. I am very sad to be leaving Spain, but I am excited for the next part of my adventure. I am hoping to spend a couple hours on the beach, soak up the sun and the ocean before heading inland for 9 or so days. Happy Fourth of July all of you at home, enjoy the festivities!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mobile post

It's never felt so good to be coming home...

That was a long weekend...