Louvre, pastries, and more bread...
Day 6: June 20th, 2011

"Art is the proper task of life."

"Art is the proper task of life."
Guess where we went today! That's right, the Louvre. This museum makes SAM look like an outhouse...no offense SAM...I love you and all but step it up a notch, ok? We had a map and still continued to get lost. Anyways, we walked what seemed like a mile and a half through out the museum, going through all sorts of art exhibits. It was pleasant, but WAY too many people in a warm confined area. You'd think our favorite part was seeing the famous Mona Lisa but it wasn't! In fact that was a little disappointing...don't get me wrong, I still took pictures of it so you all can believe I actually saw it in person.
"Every artist was first an amateur."
These were my favorite parts. The gorgeous ceilings were crazy beautiful. No picture could ever do them justice. It made me happy we continued to get lost, because every once in awhile we'd look up and see one of these lovely pieces of art. I guess small reasonably sized paintings are cool and all, but whole ceilings that have been transformed into masterpieces are inspiring. This is coming from someone who can barely draw stick figures to scale so...yeah.

"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be must more than what we are."
You want to know what's in that perfectly wrapped package don't you? I know you do, how could you not? Well, believe me it is/was delicious. I purchased a chocolate eclair, some sort of chocolate pudding cake, and a strawberry banana creme cake with chocolate on the bottom. Which was the best? The eclair hands down. Probably one of the best things I've eaten while I've been in France. Seriously...do you know how many profanities came out of my mouth after the first bite? Parents...you REALLY don't want to know. But really...DELICIOUS is an insult to this eclair. It was a perfect way to treat myself to all the walking I did today. So, my worries about gaining mass amounts of weight while indulging in all my food dreams can been forgotten. Instead I'll just break even.

"We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be must more than what we are."
You want to know what's in that perfectly wrapped package don't you? I know you do, how could you not? Well, believe me it is/was delicious. I purchased a chocolate eclair, some sort of chocolate pudding cake, and a strawberry banana creme cake with chocolate on the bottom. Which was the best? The eclair hands down. Probably one of the best things I've eaten while I've been in France. Seriously...do you know how many profanities came out of my mouth after the first bite? Parents...you REALLY don't want to know. But really...DELICIOUS is an insult to this eclair. It was a perfect way to treat myself to all the walking I did today. So, my worries about gaining mass amounts of weight while indulging in all my food dreams can been forgotten. Instead I'll just break even.


Comments
Post a Comment