Notre Dame
Day 3: Friday June 17th, 2011

"I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage."

"I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage."
Don't worry mom, this wasn't the first thing I ate this morning. Not that you can object to such a spectacular vision. Chocolate and vanilla gelato smeared into the shape of a rose? Gelato on the cone is just like cereal...the cone is the cereal and the gelato is the milk...so if this were the first thing I ate...anyways, moving on. This beautiful creamy goodness is found at Amorino, near the Notre Dame. There's another store in the Bastille Quarter, which we discovered tonight after wandering around trying to find some food. Best gelato I've had? Probably...though I have never been to Italy so that may or may not be saying much.



"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless."




"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless."
As you can see we came across a very adorable shop on our way to the Notre Dame. There was a whimsical utensil for every thing! Serrated alligator knives, lady cheese graters and wiener dog cake cutters. The list goes on...we'll be returning to this area, and with out a doubt to this little shop.

"Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe."
The Notre Dame might be the most beautiful piece of architecture both inside and out that I've had the pleasure of seeing. This building exemplifies power, beauty and faith. And that's just on the outside.

"Faith is spiritualized imagination."

"Faith is spiritualized imagination."
The inside of the Notre Dame is breathtaking. Absolutely mesmerizing. It's all hectic outside, but once you step into the safety of the dimly lit cathedral the mood changes into tranquil appreciation of the building as a whole, and as individual pieces. Stained glass windows that glow in the dim light, crucifixes that are drenched in metaphorical pain and suffering. The respect this building demands is wonderful. Sugar happy children who have just finished smothering their faces with chocolate crepes were quickly awe struck by the cathedral's inside. I have to love a place that can shut up sugar crazed kids!
Alright...that was it for Friday. We also walked to the nearby train station to grab my ticket to Spain. After that we headed back to the apartment and hunkered down...sleep schedule is getting a little more regular...as for today (Saturday) we had a lazy day. Stayed in for most of it, made sure to venture out and grab some fresh bread. I'll post more tomorrow night when there's something to actually report.
Alright...that was it for Friday. We also walked to the nearby train station to grab my ticket to Spain. After that we headed back to the apartment and hunkered down...sleep schedule is getting a little more regular...as for today (Saturday) we had a lazy day. Stayed in for most of it, made sure to venture out and grab some fresh bread. I'll post more tomorrow night when there's something to actually report.
Comments
Post a Comment