Rainy day in San Sebastian
Day 8: June 22, 2011

"I am not a glutton, I am an explorer of food."
This my dear friends, as some of you may know is a pintxo (pee-n-chyo) bar. What is a pintxo you might ask? Small bites of food, served before and between the larger meals, more or less...This is a pintxo bar I hopped into while waiting for my room to be ready at my hostel this morning. I had three items, the total was 8E including a glass of Txakoli (chya-co-lee) simply put, it's a very affordable way to eat. The three small bites I had were a bocadillo with jamon (fist sized sandwich), a little crostini with anchovy salad and then a little sandwich with...I wasn't sure what was in it. All three were good, the anchovy bite was the best. Seeming as my favorite white is Txakoli, I'll be in heaven for the next week. But Mara, what is this Txakoli you speak of? It's a slightly effervescent white wine that is quite refreshing and found abundantly in the basque region here in Spain.
"The only reason for time, is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
There is no rushing, just a pleasant mozie. It's has if time has slowed down in this small city and every extra moment is appreciated. I wandered aimlessly for hours and I didn't even realize the time was sneaking by. There's so much to see and take in, I didn't know what to take pictures of and what to let escape my digital memory. I loved the romance of Paris, but this place is special. Photos don't do it justice, there is no way to capture the charming aura of San Sebastian on camera. It's impossible to convey how truly magical this culture, food and scenery is. So, I will try in these post to give you a glimpse of what may or may not be my heaven on earth.

Comments
Post a Comment